You may have seen my eBook, Mothers Day Poem Kit, being offered as a Kindle release on amazon.com. Like many other authors, I’m testing the waters of this emerging market.
The New Yorker on April 26 printed a fascinating story, an overview of the eBook’s position in the overall publishing picture. Here are some quick stats from that article that reveal the growing impact of ePublishing.
* 3 million Kindles have been sold
* Amazon.com currently offers 450 thousand eBooks.
* When a hard-bound book is offered next to an eBook, 40 per cent buy the electronic version.
* Per Markus Dohle, CEO of Random house, digital transition will take five to seven years, not a week or a hundred days.
* Publishers’ efforts to “window” releases (think “window of opportunity), strategically delaying the release of an eBook following hardback release, can backfire because consumers lose interest.
A wealth of other useful industry information and news is included in this article. Just click on the Kindle above to read all about it. Thanks to Michelle Black for giving me the heads-up on this article. Networking is important. For authors, especially in this dynamic industry, knowledge is power.